Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sleepy head..NOT!

It is half-past two in the morning and my NOT sleepy head isnt going to bed any earlier... It must have been the Teh Tarik Madras + Roti Pisang + Roti Tisu I had at 10pm today... the cafein/ sugar effect.. Geez...

I am suppose to complete my next assignments tonight, yet I was blog-hopping everywhere! Went to dear Elaine's blog.. wondering if she will deliver today... Quite excited with her pregnancy.. We kinda met during our Montessori's Workshop last year december.. and found out that we are so much alike!!! Hooked like magnet.. till today... Elaine..elaine.. have you delivered yet?? hehehe...

My head just cant think of anything else.. but hmmm... Okay, not a productive mind..

Today, I am in my 15th week of pregnancy.. And I feel better as compared to the previous weeks.. Wanted to continue my Yoga classes.. also a time where I can be alone from the mundane 'community'.. hahaha!! I might start early next month.. mentally, I still do Yoga every morning & night.. Physically, I try to think about it a lot of times.. hehe..

This pregnancy, my best buddy, the asthma, had return after it left me 15years ago!!.. The worst of all attacks... I pant, I wheez... what more, I am also suffering from skin eczema, esp on my fingers.. the kind that comes with my asthma allergy.. Had to use my Ventolin inhaler.. Hubby wasnt really keen on me starting the inhaler, but I just cant stop my cough/wheez without it. He took his time to browse the net and tried to comfort himself that it is safe for me & baby... I contacted few of my friends who were in the same condition as I am now.. and they told me that they too used the inhaler during their pregnancy...

The thing about Ventolin's effect (when consume orally) to pregnant lady is that, it can slow down the labour process. But using inhaler might not have the same effect, as it is only localised to the lungs area.. in fact babycentre.com.uk mentioned that:

"it's recommended to keep your asthma under control. According to a 1993 report, "The known risks of uncontrolled asthma are far greater than the known risks to the mother or fetus from asthma medication." Although most women with asthma have perfectly normal, healthy babies, uncontrolled asthma can result in too little oxygen getting to the baby, increasing the risk for low birthweight and other problems. Uncontrolled asthma can also increase your risk for pregnancy complications such as pre-eclampsia (development of swelling, high blood pressure, and protein in the urine) and excessive vomiting. "
Ok.. thats a lil scarry... I must make sure that it is under control... baby needs enuff oxygen...

Lips dry, eyes baggy... "Achoooo" xcuse me! I shouldnt have my teh tarik.... I need sleep, but just cant! hmmm... Time for blog-hop again...

3 comments:

OOTDtoday said...

Hey dear...that's tough huh? Pregnancy aside...have to worry about asthma lagi...take care ah. Btw, where do u go for ur yoga?

Anonymous said...

Dearie..I have asthma too, but not the severe type. Each pregnancies I have been relying on the ventolin inhaler, coz I just can't stand the wheezing when I try to sleep. My gynae assured me that it's safe to used, in fact he told me ventolin can prevent and is used to prevent premature birth. My 2 older kids has got no effect from the ventolin inhaler I have taken during pregnancy...and this baby ah...still refuse to come out. :D

Joan D'Arcy said...

Rach,
;) I used to go to Damai, at the SAWO Center.

Elaine,
Thanks for sharing... Feeling better! I am also using the steroid type, named PULMICOT. According to gynae, its safe... The thoughts of steroid is scarry, huh? hehehe.. Hang on there! BB will come out soon!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin